Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firefox Hangs on Save As - Right Click

Yesterday I noticed my Firefox 2.0 (2.0.0.14 to be exact) Right Click "Save Link As" Or Save Image as stopped working,The Firefox will hang and need to be close down using Window Task Manager
Restarting FF or my 4 year old Windows machine did not help!

A quick Google this morning bring so many results but no real solution.Some people suggested a long Download history can cause this but My Download history is always empty ( have a habit to keep my browser and desktop clean!!!)

Final Resolution:
I opened Firefox settings (To do this Type "about:config" without Quotes in your Firefox Mozilla browser) and Locate the settings "browser.download.lastDir")
in my case it was pointing to a machine on my small network which I later disconnect,so I guess Firefox was just trying to connect to that machine and hangs.To Fix I click on Edit and empty and wow Firefox Save as start working!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home