Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Windows Live Messanger will not work after AVG 8.0 Install

Yesterday was last day AVG says it will not provide update on AVG 7.5 so I was forced to install the latest version.Every Thing go smooth
  • I upgrade my old license and get a new license and a new install file from AVG website
  • I un installed Old Software 7.5
  • Unplug My LAN
  • Restart My Machine
  • Install AVG 8.0
  • Every Thing was working OK but the Window Live messenger
Well I though This happens often and MSN/Live messanger servers may be down
Next Day It was still not working and I then I realize it must be something related to AVG 8.0 I installed

Looking around AVG I found they have a Instant Messaging Shield,I need to uncheck that to make my messager work.I am not sure what this protection do but there was no other settings in it other than uncheck.I did and it works like a charm.This who still need to do it can do this at

  • Open AVG
  • Goto Tools -> Advanced Settings-->Web Shield
  • Click on the ‘+’
  • Goto Instant Messaging, and uncheck the Window Live messanger Checkbox
  • You Will be able to login Now

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home