Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HardDisk Error on Windows XP Home-SATA Problem

I had a 2 year old HP laptop where OS windows XP home get crashed someway and started showing a Blue screen
I tried starting it in safe mode etc... but none helps

I decided to do a format and install XP Home again

unfortunately that also did not work and will stop with a Harddisk Not Found error
Can you believe it laptop says No harddisk found

A quick google give me some ideas like Download some SATA Drivers from HP website
I did that but How we place that file on laptop in first place,That HP laptop comes without a floopy Drive and until windows are installed it will not detect a Pen drive

Finally I found another tip and disable SATA support in CMOS settings(Do F10 when it restart) and this time I could format and install XP home again

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home